· Please prepare the readings before you come to Mass.
· YOU MUST be in your robes and seated in the sanctuary by 4:45PM. Use Mass not only for prayer and reflection, but to silently practice your readings. If you arrive late you will not be able to act as Lector or Commentator. This will be marked own as a miss.
· After the Mass is over please hang up your robe carefully.
USHERS: Go to the altar and get the Remembrance books off the stand and put them at the doors for people to write in.
· Must be at church by 4:45PM to welcome people at church entrances.
· Be sure the ushers' closet is unlocked. If the closet is locked, find the deacon or sacristan and ask that the door be unlocked before Mass.
· You must wear long pants (worn at the waist and not dragging on the floor). NO SHORTS!
· You must wear either a black usher's shirt or a shirt and tie.
· DO NOT SIT TOGETHER AT ANY TIME BEFORE OR DURING MASS.
· Select people to bring up the bread and wine and remembrance books.
· Get the books from the doors for people to carry.
· Take up the collection.
· Two ushers deposit the collection into the safe. There should never be an usher alone in the closet.
· When Mass ends, hand out the bulletins, then straighten up the Mass books and pick up any trash in the pews. Hang up your shirts and leave before the deacon locks the doors.
FOR USHERS AND LECTOR COMMENTATORS: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REPLACEMENT. YOU MUST LET THE OFFICE KNOW 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE IF YOU WILL NOT BE THERE AND WHO IS REPLACING YOU. IF YOU DO NOT GET ONE YOU WILL HAVE 2 MISSES. AT 3 MISSES YOU WILL NEED TO TALK TO FATHER TAMMINGA BEFORE COMING BACK TO THE GROUP.
EME’S: Sign in where the crosses are.
· You are assigned a week, but you can do other weeks so none of you will be alone. You must do the week you are assigned though.
· Please never let a cross hang if you are at any Mass.
· Always be dressed properly, gentlemen in dress shirt and tie and ladies in proper church attire.
Phone: 520-885-5908, ask for Marian
To contact us:
· Gentlemen, dressed in shirts and ties.
· Ladies, dressed properly for Church!
Teens, see Marian for your schedules.